After cleaning out the Bloom, I have started a feminized flapjacks seed. This is a limited release strain from In House Genetics. It is an indica leaning hybrid cross of MACflurry x London Pancakes. Im going to use the ABK recipe and edit it down the road based on how it grows.
MMMM, who doesn't love pancakes. I'm growing the same strain as @I_like_plants, but a month or two behind. She's definitely a very indica dominate strain with a very short and stout phenotype, so it should be perfect for the Bloom.
Here's the progress so far:
Sprouted after 2 days
About 3 weeks and a nice vacation later Mrs. Griddle was already looking beautiful!
First pruning went well, and loped off some massive fan leaves!
At the end of the veg cycle she had exploded into a small bush.
Today, after a second trim and water change heading into an early bloom stage.
I am starting my second grow, and one of things I am trying to do a better job of is pruning. Here are the pictures as it stand now -- I did try to trim a lot of the fan leaves but I'm thinking I need to be more aggressive? Any thoughts there would be helpful. Also -- I noticed mold at the bottom of the trunk (right atop the basket it's growing out of. Am I doing something wrong here -- or maybe I should do something different? Thanks in advance...pic1.jpg pic2.jpg
Very excited to see a little sprout on day 9! I'm growing Chinese 5 Color Peppers. I picked this variety for their heat and curb appeal. They're 30,000-50,000 Scoville Units and change colors as they ripen from purple, cream, yellow, orange, to red.
I've had these curing for a bit now, but here are the results from my first harvest...pretty amazing in my view. I might not have trimmed everything ideally given it was my first go 'round...but I did a little quality control testing and this passed the test :-)! The jars are 3 pints ea., ~2.4oz per jar. Again, maybe some dead weight in there due to my novice trimming but a pretty good haul! One thing I need to figure out is the drying/curing better -- this doesn't have the pungent aroma that I think is typical...but the effectiveness seems to be there. harvest.jpg
I wanted to try an auto flower from seed. I had read they were 1) really fast, 2) easy, and 3) a little lower yield. I found all three to be true. I planted on March 1, and harvested on May 8th ~ about 70 days. Very fast even for an auto flower. Here is a picture of the weigh for the harvest, dried to 60 percent. 8.5 ounces! That means you could get this 5 times a year, for a total of 2.5 pounds per bloom per year. Buds are big (up to 8 inches) and dense.