I planted these three feminized seeds in one pod on Nov 1 using a recipe I built that is tailored for the growth cycle of Ackbar. We'll see how well it holds up. I'll adjust the recipe and update it based on how this grow goes, then upload for general consumption.
Quick update on how the pre-sprouting process is going, which should take roughly 10-14 days from what I've read only. I've been checking in on them every couple of days, today is day 10.
They're looking real plump which is a great sign! No sprouts yet however, thinking about trying to find a slightly warmer place that's still dark. Going to move my hygro thermometer to our garage and/or our crawl space to see if there's another area that sits closer to 50 degrees day and night to move them to - thoughts? My worry is that our fridge might be too cold (thermometer shows roughly around 40-41 degrees consistently).
All feedback welcomed! The other thought I had if they don't pre-sprout in the next couple of days is stick them into the Bloom anyways. Pre-sprouting isn't absolutely necessary, from what I read it gives you a jump start but is also widely used to cut down on blank spaces when you plant them out into the field if they don't sprout.
So this bloom system is pretty cool. Most of the bugs have been worked out and my little guy has started to grow! The board was replaced as well the fan setup. I'm waiting for the new humidifier to come in tomorrow and then she should be in flourish mode. I guess uploading a picture is harder than I thought. If anyone can help out with that.... Thanks.
Very excited to see a little sprout on day 9! I'm growing Chinese 5 Color Peppers. I picked this variety for their heat and curb appeal. They're 30,000-50,000 Scoville Units and change colors as they ripen from purple, cream, yellow, orange, to red.
Finally! After two weeks waiting for my little seeds to do something, today I can finally see it come out all the way. It's double its size since Sunday, when I first noticed little green by the seeds. So excited!
I'm a first time grower of cannabis -- and thanks to Gr0w3r for the recipe -- but this is where I'm at 1 week in. I germintaed these outside of the BLOOM unit using the damp paper towel method, although in hindsight I could have started the process in the unit...I just wanted a head start :-). I have a question though -- on the grow tray where the plant is placed...does that tray fill up with water or no? And what do the two vented pipes do to the left of the tray? Thanks!65178e73-bed6-4df8-8a8a-a094cef7f7a0-image.png
After cleaning out the Bloom, I have started a feminized flapjacks seed. This is a limited release strain from In House Genetics. It is an indica leaning hybrid cross of MACflurry x London Pancakes. Im going to use the ABK recipe and edit it down the road based on how it grows.
On August 28 I dropped this tiny ten day old seedling (started in an AeroGarden) into Bloom. It is a Black Krim variety, a very tasty heirloom I trialed in the outdoor garden for the first time this year. I was hoping that the compact (but still indeterminate) growth habit I saw outdoors would make it ideal for a cabinet grow. I was right! 10 weeks later I have a huge, healthy plant, hundreds of flowers, more than 30 tomatoes, some already ripe, and I expect about a tomato a day from here on out. I'll report on flavor and texture here.20190.jpg
Hey @growguy here! Had a little bit of a slow start so let me catch you up. The first picture I have is from day 10 and it is already looking very healthy. I had to go home for the holidays so I had my friend watch it for a few days and the second picture is how I left it. Luckily, I topped it right before I left because when I returned it was way bigger than I had expected! (3rd and 4th pics) Looks like it is time to top it again but I’ll save that for another post.
I started a new experiment from six seeds to see if I could determine sex by flowering when a few inches tall and then throw it back into veg. But by the time they showed sex, and given the way the bloom grows, it is time to just continue on with flower and see if I can keep it right sized.
It's a girl!
It's a boy!
I'll now cut out the males, put it back into the single pod deck and grow it out. More photos coming.
If you think I've made an error in sexing these, let me know quick!